Home EnergySave Funding Resources
See: Government of British Columbia List of Funding Opportunities for Clean Energy Projects
- CMHC Green Home - New BC homes built under specific energy efficient building standards are eligible for a 15-25% partial mortgage loan insurance premium refund.
Energy Conservation Assistance and Non-profit and Aboriginal Housing Upgrades Programs offer free home energy assessment for eligible homes, installation of energy-saving devices and advice on improving energy efficiency.
The Sustainable communities program and Programs for Indigenous Communities support training, free energy-saving products and rebates to implement home energy upgrades.
The Home Renovations Rebate Program is available for improving your home’s energy efficiency.
- Indigenous Affairs and Northern Development Canada (INAC) provides funding to First Nations in British Columbia through Housing Subsidy Program and New Approach for Housing Support (NAHS) to assist with policy development and renovations, including energy efficient retrofits. For further details, please contact your INAC Capital Management Officer at 1-800-665-9320, or 604-775-5100.
- CMHC Housing Internship Initiative for First Nations & Inuit Youth (HIIFNIY) provides work experience and on-the-job training for First Nations and Inuit Youth.
- CMHC On-Reserve Renovation Programs offers financial assistance for emergency repairs, home adaptations, major repairs and additions and family violence shelters.
- First Nations Market Housing Fund provides access to loans for home ownership, renovations and rentals in First Nations communities, and builds community capacity to support the administration of market-based housing programs.
- 20/20 Catalysts Program is an intensive Indigenous clean energy capacity building program. It provides practical and applied learning about renewable energy projects, community energy planning, energy efficiency and conservation, and advanced energy systems.