Home EnergySave Resources
We hope this list of resources will help you in your endeavor to reduce energy consumption in your home. Find resources you are looking for in the following categories:
For further inspiration, please visit our Community Successes page.
Fraser Basin Council hosts monthly peer mentorship webinars as part of the First Nation Home EnergySave program. Video recordings of these webinars are available for replay on FBC youtube channel — watch for new videos as they come online!
If you would like notice of upcoming webinars please subscribe to our mailing list.
Communications and Outreach Templates
Chiefs and Council
Maintenance and Operations Staff
Guides and Website Resources
- Illustrated Guide: Energy Efficiency Requirements for Houses in British Columbia
FBC Event Presentations
Green Homes, Warm Homes: Energy Efficient First Nations Housing
May 11, 2018 | Hope, BC
Hosted in partnership by the Fraser Basin Council and Yale First Nation, this workshop offered an opportunity for First Nations communities to learn about improving energy efficiency of homes on reserve. The workshop provided an introduction to energy efficient buildings, highlighted how First Nations are building or retrofitting for energy efficient homes, helped connect communities to funding organizations, showcased an interactive demonstration of air sealing, and showcased Yale First Nation's Passive homes through a field visit.
LIve Green, Save Green: Taking Action on Energy Efficiency
- CMHC Green Home - New BC homes built under specific energy efficient building standards are eligible for a 15-25% partial mortgage loan insurance premium refund.
- Indigenous Affairs and Northern Development Canada (INAC) provides funding to First Nations in British Columbia through Housing Subsidy Program and New Approach for Housing Support (NAHS) to assist with policy development and renovations, including energy efficient retrofits. For further details, please contact your INAC Capital Management Officer at 1-800-665-9320, or 604-775-5100.
- CMHC Housing Internship Initiative for First Nations & Inuit Youth (HIIFNIY) provides work experience and on-the-job training for First Nations and Inuit Youth.
- CMHC On-Reserve Housing Retrofit Initiative offers financial assistance for renovations and general improvements for CMHC’s social housing projects.
- First Nations Market Housing Fund provides access to loans for home ownership, renovations and rentals in First Nations communities, and builds community capacity to support the administration of market-based housing programs.
- Clean Energy for Rural and Remote Communities (CERRC) program seeks proposals to reduce the reliance of diesel fuel for heat and power in rural and remote communities. This program will support innovative demonstration projects to reduce diesel use through energy efficiency. There is also a capacity building stream that will support curriculum development, training, and community energy planning.